Internship Events T.M.C. Asser Instituut
Located in the heart of the International City of Peace, Justice and Security, the Asser Institute is a leading inter-university research centre in the field of international and European law with a high public and international profile. The institute conducts fundamental and independent policy-oriented research, provides training and education, organises seminars, conferences, and other public events and has its own publishing house, Asser Press.
The events team is seeking two full-time intern to assist with the organisation of trainings and events. The team develops and implements – together with Asser’s researchers and partners – online and in-person training programmes, seminars, conferences, lectures, panel discussions and book launches on topics such as countering terrorism, disarmament and non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, corporate social responsibility, Artificial Intelligence, EU external relations, and many more. The events organised by the Asser Institute are very diverse in nature and draw a wide range of attendees, including policy-makers, NGOs, employees of the many tribunals and international organisations in The Hague, academics, students, and the general public. Our renowned speakers from the field of international peace, justice, and security bring innovative perspectives and cutting-edge ideas to our events.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Do you have an interest in international law and international relations? Do you feel at ease working on multiple and diverse projects simultaneously? Then join the events team at the Asser Institute in The Hague!
- Inviting and communicating with high-level speakers;
- Arranging all logistical aspects of (winter, spring and summer) courses and events (online or if the situation allows in-person) including: setup and managing online registrations, travel and accommodation for (international) speakers and participants, catering, (if relevant), setting up online meeting platforms (if relevant) and compiling training and conference materials;
- Drafting texts for letters & announcements (regarding conferences and trainings);
- Arranging and coordinating (virtual) study visits to the different international courts, tribunals and international organisations such as the ICC, ICJ and the OPCW in The Hague;
- Developing logistical event scripts and being the go-to person during (online) events;
- Answering questions per phone or e-mail from participants and speakers;
- Be enrolled in – or recently graduated from – a bachelor or master programme in a relevant field (e.g. (international) event management, European studies, communications, international law, international relations and marketing);
- Be fluent in written and spoken English. A command in other languages such as Dutch, especially French and/or Spanish will be an added advantage;
- Have excellent writing and editing skills;
- Have experience in the use of MS-Office software and CMS;
- Have experience with hybrid working;
- Experience with online meeting platforms, such as Zoom or Webex is an advantage;
- Highly organised, efficient, creative and at the same time attention to detail;
- Willingness to work irregular hours (at times);
- Have a collaborative, supportive and flexible approach to teamwork;
- Have outstanding communication skills as well as a good sense of humour.Conditions
- 38 hours per week for a period of 6 months;
- A stipend of € 300 to € 450 gross per month (full time) depending on the level of education (note that the Asser institute cannot reimburse travel costs).
- To maximise the internship experience and to learn most from your supervisors during this hands-on internship, it is our intention that the intern works hybrid and splits time between the office and home. The Asser Institute has implemented measures and follows the guidelines as recommended by the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) with regard to COVID-19 to provide a safe working environment.
How to apply
Interested candidates eligible to live and work in the Netherlands (more information here) are requested to submit their curriculum vitae and motivation letter in English (e-mail only) mentioning your name ‘application internship events’ in the subject line to PO@asser.nl.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 6 July 23.59h CET. Interviews will take place in the week of 11-15 July or 18 – 22 July 2022.
For further information regarding the vacancy, please contact email@example.com. The envisaged start date is mid- or early August (to be determined in coordination with the applicants).